Instagram attracts 800 million users every month with up to 95 million photos being uploaded daily. A common problem for many business owners is they don’t know how to take full advantage of this amazing marketing tool. The following list contains the reasons why your Instagram posts fail and how you can use it to drive your business to success!
1. The profile picture is missing – Include a profile picture which could be your company logo or a picture of you or the face of your business.
2. No link in bio – Add a link to your business website in the profile section.
3. Settings set to private – Change your settings to public to ensure everyone can access your posts and comment.
4. Too many or not enough hashtags – Include 5 to 10 hashtags per post.
5. Posting blurry Images – Choose and edit images to make them look professional and high quality.
6. No captions – Include a caption with every post to drive attention to what you are advertising or promoting.
7. Lack of call-to-action – Include a call to action with every post to encourage your followers to click on your link in your bio.
8. Followers to following ratio are unbalanced – Make sure you have more followers compared to those you follow.
9. Not replying to comments – Connect with your audience by replying to their comments and answering their questions.
10. Forgetting to alert your audience about your live broadcast – Post about your upcoming podcast every time you are going live.
11. Not building an audience before running a contest – Build your audience first before running any special promotions or contests.
12. Avoiding targeting your top competitors – Check in with your top competitors to ensure your Instagram marketing is up to par for your industry.