When launching marketing campaigns, reinforce measures that track their performance for effectiveness in your business. When dealing with email marketing strategy as your campaign, tracking and reviewing helps you get the numbers of subscribers that resonate with the campaign to optimize it.
How to Analyze Email Campaign Performance
Marketing metrics determine email campaign performance. You need to understand the metrics that need tracking and how it will optimize your campaigns. Email service providers provide their customers with a dashboard that helps them analyze their metrics. Below are the metrics to track.
1. Click-through Rate
Click-through rate is the percentage of subscribers that click on the links you provide in emails.
2. Open Rates
When sending emails, you expect clients to open them. Opening an email creates an opportunity for your subscribers to click through. Open rate is the percentage of recipients that open an email when sent.
3. Unsubscribe Rate
This is the rate of subscribers that unsubscribe since they are no longer interested in your business.
4. Bounce Rate
These are emails sent but not delivered to the recipient’s inbox. The two types of bounces are soft bounces suggesting a temporary failure of email delivered and hard bounce that shows you sent emails to invalid addresses. Other metrics include conversion rate, overall return on investment, list growth rate, and email forwarding rate.
How to Optimize your Email Complains
- Write an engaging subject line to improve your open rate: Ensure it is exciting and makes the subscriber curious to open for more information. Subject line personalization increases the rate of opening an email as people feel special.
- Improve click-through rates by sending relevant content with actionable: Understand subscribers’ challenges and motivate them to click the call-to-action button.
- Incorporate a double opt-in method to reduce bounce rate.
- Create attractive and appealing emails to enhance the email forwarding rate.
- Give room for users to set their preferences to reduce the unsubscribe rate.
- To increase purchases and show you deliver value to convince your subscribers.
Make signing up process is short and straightforward to increase your growth rate list.