SEO Strategy for Startups: How to Win in 2021 Are you planning to grow your startup in 2021? SEO remains to be a feasible solution for your growth. The channel is becoming more challenging as time passes by. Understanding the changes that have taken over time will help you avert making mistakes. Today the SEO techniques that worked years ago are no longer functional as modern search engines and algorithms have become more advanced. For the search engine to be instrumental in your business, you need quality content more than quantity. Below are SEO tips to make your startup successful.
1. Set SMART SEO Goals
The nature of your business should determine the plans to set. They should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely. When this is put in place, you will be assured of positive results. Learn from other businesses and get goal templates online that can help set yours.
2. Have a System to Track Performance
Highlight the metrics to track performance and ensure construct strategies around them. Determine the necessary actions to take concerning your business. Such actions include:
- Integrating your marketing automation and customer relationship management (CRM) with lead capture sources.
- Setting up Google analytics and search console for marketing.
3. Examine the User’s Experience Aspects on your Site
Your website should be user-friendly to make it easy for visitors to navigate. It should be compatible with mobile devices as most people use them to do their search.
- Use software such as heat map to track user engagement.
- Take advantage of Google analytics funnel features to know where there are user disengagement and the reasons.
- Use Google mobile-friendly test devices to authenticate your website.
- Organize and categorize your website correctly using internal links and clean navigation.
4. Fix Technical Issues in your Website through Crawling
Crawling your website gives you a report that guides you on fixing the technical problems. Some of the things to look at on the report include redirects, duplicate content, broken links, 404 pages, and URL structure.
5. Protects your Brand
It would help if you protected your reputation for your relevance on the internet. Search your brand’s name and assess the search results.
- Maximize your mark-up opportunities
- Examine negative reviews.
- Check whether your website metadata is clearly stated on the results.
- Ensure there are proper alignment and setup of your social accounts and site links.